The Elephant Man

I stopped in front of the shop and looked at the picture. At first I felt interested, then I felt angry, then afraid. It was a horrible, ugly picture. There was a man in the picture, but he did not look like you and me. He did not look like a man. He looked like an elephant.


   Dr Frederick is a doctor in London Hospital. One day in 1884, he saw a picture in the window of the shop near the hospital. And he asked a man in the shop to show him the elephant man. He looked at the creature and felt sad. He is a doctor, so He know a lot about accidents and ill people. But this creature, this thing , was the worst of all.
   The elephant man is not beautiful. His mother doesn't want him, children run away from him. People laugh at him, and call Him 'the elephant man'. Then someone speaks to him! At the age of 27, Joseph Marrick finds a friend for the first time in his life.
   This is a true and tragic story. It is now also a famous film.

   I didn't know this story though this is famous story now. And I was surprised when I understood this is a true story. I like this book.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

LLC

The Big Picture